Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pancakes Should Be All Purpose

Last night I made Ina Garten's Banana Sour Cream Pancakes sans bananas. They were a spur of the moment thing and I was lucky to even have sour cream on hand. They were delicious and Sydney loved them, which I later realized was probably due to the "3 TBSP of sugar" ingredient. These pancakes were so amazing that I don't think I can ever go back to mix again.

This morning I tried it with whole wheat flour because I have 2 bags of whole wheat flour I really need to finish up. I reduced the sugar to 2 TBSP. I also didn't put in lemon zest (saving my lemons for espresso cheesecake, an Ina recipe of course, for Sydney's first birthday this weekend). I haven't found a recipe with lemon zest I didn't like by the way.

So with all the changes, it was a flop. Edible. But not as delicious as last night's batch. Sydney ate it reluctantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment